Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bazooka Rocks II weekend

Writing about concerts is like the hardest thing to do! Which reminds me, I never wrote about Circuit Fest 2013! My bad! Anyway, I feel terrible right now and it's like I'm gonna have a flu or something. 

I'll keep this as interesting and as brief as I can and I'll try not to bore you.

I'll start with the Fan Party; I wasn't supposed to go to MoA that day because I don't have a meet and greet pass but I went there anyway because I feel like making myself feel bad and I also want to meet the other members of BDBD. I went there with my new friend, Erika, and we rode a jeep on our way there.

So uhmm Tonight Alive, We Came as Romans, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, All Time Low, and A Rocket To The Moon were the bands there. RadioDriveBy and Anberlin's meet and greet was held at Glorietta. 
We don't really have a group picture, as in all of us in one picture.
If I remember it correctly Tonight Alive was the first one who went out and they had an acoustic set and then they were followed by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and We Came As Romans. I was losing hope with the meet and greet when all of a sudden my friend Issa Gonzales called me up and told me that she has and extra meet and greet pass and she's gonna give it to me. Imagine how I reacted. Hahaha! 

I got my pass just in time for A Rocket To The Moon's meet and greet.

For the first and prolly the last time, I got to meet Rocket!
Here I am with the boys of A Rocket To The Moon! They're all so nice, I swear! I'm happy that I got to hug them all! No kisses because I don't wanna get attacked by a mob of fangirls.

Fun fact: Halvo got engaged to my friend, Roanne, that night!

I also got to meet All Time Low! Yes, All Time Fucking Low. I remember crying a river when Smash Project got cancelled because I thought I'll never get to meet them, EVER! But miracles do happen and dreams really do come true! Finally got to meet these four beautiful guys!



I kinda feel bad for those people who worked hard and payed a huge amount of money just to meet them, whilst I got my meet and greet without even doing anything. Anyway, at least they got their money's worth! 

Also, my mom got extremely mad at me that night because; 1.) I forgot to tell her that I was gonna go to MoA, 2.) She called at around 8pm and she was asking me to come home because it was raining so fucking hard but I was such a bad ass kid and I didn't listen to her, 3.) I went home at 11:30pm. 

The next day.....

Festival day, finally! I don't really have a fangirl worthy moment but it's okay because I already got to meet ATL and Rocket the day before. 

I got there at around 9am-ish and I met up with my friends. We were all over the place! Like we were so noisy and all! 

I decided to leave my dslr at Pulp's safe-keeping booth because I realized that I was there to enjoy the festival and not to document the entire thing.

Once we got in, Drysdale and I fell in line at the merch table! The line was extremely long! We were in line for like 2 hours! Imagine how long the line was! And we were the first set of people to enter the venue! 

Drysdale and I watched the local acts and most of RadioDriveBy's set at the merch area. Guess what, our view was not as bad as you think it is!

Drysdale and I while in line!
Yes, that's a bacon band-aid on my forehead!
Yes, I look weird.
Fuck you.
As soon as we're done buying merch, we went to the pit to look for out other friends. We found them and they were blowing up condoms. Of course, I had to blow a condom myself. 

We were in and out of the pit during Uchuzentai Noiz' set.

Next set was Tonight Alive's. My friend Mika and I had to squeeze ourselves in front because we want to! They are amazing! They also played new songs this year! I forgot the title of the song but it was the first time that they played it live! We, Filipinos, are so lucky to be the first ones to hear it live! 

We Came As Roman's set was one of my favorites that night! I was not a fan of theirs before Bazooka Rocks, but I am now! They are breathtaking, literally and figuratively! I joined a legit mosh pit for the first time. I fell a couple of times but it's okay since the people around me offered me a hand and helped me to stand up! I also joined the wall of death! And and and Kyle Pavone (vocals) was good looking :) mehhhh. After their set, we left the crowd for a while to get something to drink! Their set was fun but it's also very tiring!

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus came next! I finally got to see them live! The thirteen year old me would've been so proud! I was kinda disappointed with the crowd's response during the first part of their set. I can't blame the crowd though because we were just recovering from WCAR. One of the highlights of their set is when they brought out a fan on-stage to sing with them! I have to give justice to them because they we just so fucking amazing and I am so happy to finally see them! I cried when they played Your Guardian Angel. This band is such a huge part of my early teenage life and it lead me to a realization that I grew up with this band and their music. Along with Fall Out Boy, Hey Monday, and MCR; this band brings out the confused thirteen year old feeling-emo girl in me. And I love Ronnie Winter's last line; Remember, Jesus loves you! 

We weren't big fans of Anberlin so we decided to go out and run around outside the venue. But went back a couple of minutes later to check out Anberlin. They we so good! We stayed at Lee's lounge during their set to make signs for All Time Low and blow up some condoms and play with it.


We squeezed ourselves in front during ATL's set and landed in the middle near the barricades! The crowd during ATL's set was so intense! Everyone kept pushing! I honestly thought that I was going to hyperventilate! Glad, I didn't. Their set was shorter than what I expected and they didn't play Jasey Rae but worth it nonetheless. It rained bras, as well, during their set that Jack had to put one on his head! Alex, on the other note, pulled out a girl from the crowd and asked her to translate something for him! Funny that Alex wants to impregnate everyone and be everyone's dad and mom at the same time. And of course,  Jack had to do something quirky so he went to Zack's side of the stage and Zack gave him a piggy back ride. Rian, being the potato that he is, is absolutely amazing with the drums. No wonder Cassadee fell for you! I'm so bummed that I didn't caught a drumstick :( I'm soooo not lucky when it comes to picks and drumsticks. I finally got to hear some of my favorite songs live! And for the first time, I saw my favorite people turn human and perform in front of me! It still hasn't sunk in to me yet and it still feels so surreal. Their set is awesome and I have no other words to describe it. I can't wait for them to come back here and do another show and get people pregnant. 

Last act was A Rocket To The Moon. But before Rocket got on-stage, an announcement was made; Pulp's bringing in the 8123 tour here in Manila! I cannot put my feelings into words right now because I'm legitimately tearing up.

Going back to Rocket's set, I am at a loss for words! I have a feeling that this band is not gonna part their ways any time soon. These four boys work so well together and the fact that they're four best friends makes it unbelievable! Along with my friends, I went wild and danced and screamed my heart and lungs out during their set and I might have cried a little bit (I'm lying! I cried A LOOOOOT) when they played On Your Side just because. I'm not gonna say that this band saved my life because it wasn't in trouble in the first place but I love this band half to death and seeing them live makes me happier than I already am. All of the things/messages that they said on stage boiled down into two things; 1.) They love us and we keep them going. And 2.) They are always going to be on our side.

Let's just say that my weekend is perfect! I can't word it anymore highfaluting. What hurts is that it's already over. But at least for one weekend, I was able to escape real life.

No comments: