Monday, August 12, 2013

Put On Your War Paint (Fall Out Boy live in Manila 2013)

When I hear the the words Fall, Out, and Boy, I automatically think of the band and get all excited and giddy and sometimes I burst out of joy and even cry. Nuks, die-hard fan ang peg? Pero I wouldn't claim to be a "die-hard" pero syempre they bring back a lot of childhood memories since I grew up listening to them on the radio and shit. 

February of this year, they finally announced that the break is over and that they have a new album coming up and they'll be back on the road. I promised myself that if ever they come back here, I wouldn't miss it for the world! And they did! 

I bought a VIP ticket when it was announced that they'll be coming back here. It was a good decision to buy it right away because it got sold out weeks after! 

A week or two before the concert there was this thing going on on twitter saying that FOB's gonna have a CD signing and meet and greet at Trinoma Mall before the concert. I got all excited again! Like OMG! And then three days before the show, Odyssey announced that they'll have a contest and they'll give away 5 meet and greet passes! 

On the day of the show I woke up super early! Like 6 am-ish and I went to Trinoma to line-up for the CD signing thing. I went there super early cause I heard that they'll only give away 200 CD signing stubs and they'll give it to the first 200 people who buys the CD. When the mall door finally opened I ran super fast to the activity center! Hunger games kung hunger games! I can also compare it MLS! Hahahaha!


So lucky to have been a part of the 200 people who were given a CD signing stub! Success! 


Also, I spent the whole day with this person^^^  


After buying a CD and getting a CD signing stub, Pau went online on Facebook and she told me that I won Odyssey Live's contest! I literally screamed and jumped for joy! I ran to the concierge to ask about it apparently they're not the people to go to pala when it comes to that kind of contests! Sorry, my bad! Na-wow mali ako! I ran to Odyssey's booth again! There, I met Mr. Eme and he told me that I'll be meeting them backstage before the concert! Syempre, over the top and reaction ko that even the guards and other employees that were present there were smiling for me. Pero in their heads they're like "grabe naman etong gaga na to, parang nanalo sa lotto". I swear it's better than winning the lottery!


When it was my turn during the CD signing, I said "watsuuuup???" to Pete and he told me that he loves my pandas and he shook my hand. Patrick also shook my hand but the bouncers were shoo-ing me away and I didn't get to shake Andy's and Joe's hand. It was a bum. They did smile at me :)


The meet and greet wasn't really a "meet and greet" it was more of like "photo-op and leave" but it was okay since I got to kiss Pete Wentz and I have this really awesome photo with Fall Out Boy! I called dibs of Pete's right! 

PETE WENTZ > Anyone else in the band 69ever! Not even sorry I said that!

Waiting at the parking lot for like an hour was all worth it! 


Typecast fronted Fall Out Boy. I have no idea who they are but oh wellzzz.



Even before the show started my friend, ate Marga, hyperventilated and was brought to the medics. Being the good friend that I am, I came with her. The funny thing is that there was no way out and the bouncers had to carry us. Haha! Imagine! We had to leave Pau behind at the mosh pit. But she also hyperventilated like 10 minutes after so yeahhhhh.


Since both of my friends have medical condition na, we weren't allowed to go back to the mosh pit. But they did give us the best seats in the house and we watched side stage! OH MY GOD! 


I lost my voice and went as wild as I can that night! I finally got to hear and sing along to A little less than sixteen candles, Sugar, We're Going Down, and Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. Sadly, Me and You and Growing up were not a part of their set list. Nonetheless, my life has been made! It was so worth it! 

What made me even happier that night is the crowd's response. Everyone was singing along on the top of their lungs. It's that thing that keeps an artist fuelled and inspired. It's also that thing that keeps them coming back. 


I've always thought that nothing would ever top my Yellowcard experience. I was wrong.... And now, I think nothing would ever top this experience!

They bring out the 5th grader in me! And sometimes, that's not even half bad! 

No comments: